Andrea MANGANAROAssociate Professor of Italian literature [L-FIL-LET/10]
Email: email@example.com cultori materia: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com; dottoranda: lauralupo92@gmail
Phone: 0957102233 (orario ricevimento)
Web Site: unict.academia.edu/AndreaManganaro
Office Hours: Monday from 12:00 to 14:00 | Wednesday from 12:00 to 14:00 Orario I semestre. Gli studenti sono invitati a consultare sempre gli avvisi
-Andrea Manganaro is an Associate Professor at the University of Catania, Department of Humanities. In March of 2017, he received unanimous approval as Full Professor of Italian Literature by the Italian National Scientific Qualification Committee.
In 2019-20 he teaches Italian literature in the degree course in Literature and History of literary criticism and didactics of literature in Master Degree in Modern Philology and in Master Degree in History of Art and Cultural Heritage. In 2018-19 is also "Goggio Visiting Professor" at the University of Toronto (Canada), where he teaches History of criticism and Italian literary historiography at the Department of Italian Studies, as part of the "graduate" institutional courses (https://italianstudies.utoronto.ca/goggio-chair/)
- His publications and research interests cover several aspects of Italian Literature. The main focus of his research is the relation among forms, genre and meaning in literature with an emphasis on the Italian short stories, the poetic of the 16th century, critics and historiography of the Italian literature between the 19th and 20th centuries, Ugo Foscolo, Giovanni Verga, Benedetto Croce. He has also researched and written on the challenges faced by the teacher of Italian Literature.
- He is author of more than hundred scientific publications. Among these, the books: - Significati della letteratura. Scritture e idee da Castelvetro a Timpanaro, (Sciascia, 2007); -Verga (Bonanno, 2011); - Il rappezzo ininterrotto. Benedetto Croce tra scritture e riscritture (Bonanno, 2012); - Tra imitatio e mimesis. Novelle e poetiche del Cinquecento (Rubbettino, 2014);- "Jusque datum sceleri". Foscolo e la memoria dei vinti (Euno Edizioni, 2014);- Partenze senza ritorno. Interpretare Verga (Edizioni del Prisma, 2014). He has edited: “Forme e Storia”. Studi in ricordo di Gaetano Compagnino («Le forme e la storia», n. s., I, 2008, n. 1-2), Rubbettino, 2008, pp. 1430; La novella (Rubbettino, «Le forme e la storia», n. s. 2013, 2); Letteratura, alterità, dialogicità. Studi per Antonio Pioletti, with Eliana Creazzo and Gaetano Lalomia, («Le forme e la storia», n. s. VIII, 2015, 1-2), Rubbettino, 2016, pp. 1054; - Verga e noi. La critica, il canone, le nuove interpretazioni, with Riccardo Castellana and Pierluigi Pellini («Annali della Fondazione Verga», n. s. 9, 2016,); Verga e “gli altri”. La biblioteca, i presupposti, la ricezione, with Felice Rappazzo («Annali della Fondazione Verga», n. s. 11, 2018, pp. 314)
He is co-editor of the «Annali della Fondazione Verga» and is part of the board of editors of «Le forme e la storia», both ranked as class A journals by ANVUR (Italian National Ageny for the evalutation of Universities and research institute).
He is co-director of the collection Scrittori d’Italia (“Writers of Italy”) and director of the collection Insegnare Letterature (“Teaching Literature”) (Bonanno editore). He is part of the scientific committee of the «Archivio Nisseno» and of the international scientific council of «Italianistica Debreceniensis», of the scientific committees of various editorial series (including “Letteratura italiana. Saggi e strumenti”, FrancoAngeli, Milano, directed by Gian Mario Anselmi, Pasquale Guaragnella, Francesco Spera). He is referee of numerous scientific journals of Italian Studies ranked as class A journals by Anvur.
- He has participated to several national and international conferences both as a presenter and as an organizer. He is a member of the AATI (American Association of Teachers of Italian) and has attended AATI conferences both as an organizer of panels and participant. He had held numerous conferences and lectures invited by several Universities such as the University of Toronto, Department of Italian Studies (where he held two "Goggio lectures", on Verga and De Sanctis), and Toronto-Mississagua, Department of Language Studies (Ontario, Canada), Dickinson College (Pennsylvania, USA), University of Paris 8 (France), Turku (Finland), Murcia (Spain), Liege (Belgium), Düsseldorf (Germany), Athens (Greece), Debrecen (Hungary), Szombathely-Nyugat Magyarorszagy Egyetem (Hungary), Warszawa (Poland).
- He is a member of the Academic Senate of the University of Catania. He is delegated by the Director of the Department of Humanities in Continuing Education and Ranking Monitoring.
- He is a part of the directive committee of the Association of Italianists (ADI), of the directive committee of the Association of the Italianists- Didactic section (ADI-SD), of the scientific council of the Fondazione Verga. He is a professor of the PhD program in Interpretation Sciences of the University of Catania and a member of the CINUM (Center for Humanistic Informatic of University of Catania). He is tutor of PhD students and tutor of “Scuola Speriore di Catania” (Higher Education Center of the University of Catania).
- In 1985 he obtained a Laurea degree in Italian Literature at the University of Catania with a dissertation on the Italian literature of the 16th Century. From 1987 to 1990, he was in charge of the project of the Ministry of Culture to preserve the historical notary records kept in the State Archive in Catania. In 1996, he was awarded a PhD in Literature Science and Linguistic during the VII cycle of MIUR (Italian Ministry of Research and Education) with a PhD dissertation on Benedetto Croce. He conducted his research at the University of Catania and defended his Ph.D. dissertation in front of a national committee at the University of Pavia in 1996.
06/10/2019 Andrea Manganaro
- History of Art and Cultural Heritage - 1 Year
STORIA DELLA CRITICA E DIDATTICA DELLA LETTERATURA ITALIANA
- Letters - 1 Year
LETTERATURA ITALIANA A - L
- short story;
- literary criticism in the sixteenth century;
- Ugo Foscolo;
- Giovanni Verga;
- Benedetto Croce;
- literary criticism and historiography between nineteenth century and twentieth century (De Sanctis, Croce, Gramsci, Lukács, Fortini, Timpanaro);
- reflection on the teaching of literature
- Andrea Manganaro is a member of the Academic Senate of the University of Catania.
- He is a part of the directive committee of the Association of Italianists (ADI), of the directive committee of the Association of the Italianists- Didactic section (ADI-SD), of the scientific council of the Fondazione Verga.